Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

The countdown to Thanksgiving!

I seem to be experiencing writer's block. Everytime I sit down to post, I go blank. Trust me, my life really isn't that boring. I just can't seem to write about it. I've started and stopped this post four times already! I could just be in need of some serious down time. It seems that since Mark and I were married, we've been going 90 miles an hour. I mean, our DVR is full of shows that we love, we just don't have time to watch them. This is why I'm all but counting down the days, hours, and minutes until Friday. My holiday break will officially begin with the wedding of my good friend Sally Moore. She is marrying a really sweet guy from the Delta, and I'm sure the wedding is going to be beautiful. After all the wedding festivities are over, I plan on sleeping in, drinking coffee while I watch the Today show, and doing lots of baking. I've got a great Paula Deen recipe for Pumpkin bars that I can't wait to try. My sister, SaraBeth, is going to culinary school this fall, and I've been somewhat inspired to work on my skills in the kitchen. I also plan on doing lots of reading. I'm almost embarrassed to admit how long it has been since I've actually read anything other than the fifth grade reading textbook. Any suggestions on a good read????? Mark and I will be heading to Atlanta next Wednesday to have Thanksgiving with his family so I'll have at least 10 hours in a car to do nothing but read. When we get back I will have lots of pictures from the wedding and of our families to post. Until then, I hope everyone has a great week, and a very happy Thanksgiving. Be sure to remember the things that you're thankful for. Exactly one year ago this Saturday my aunt Barbara was in a horrible wreck. She was airlifted to the Med and stayed there for exactly 40 days. We actually had our Thanksgiving dinner in the waiting room at the Med. We were first told that there was no way she was going to make it, but God had a different plan. Praise be to Him because today my aunt is home, and she continues to improve. She will never know how much we love her, and how our lives were all changed because of that experience. This is what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. God bless.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I have just started reading a book called "101 Things I wish I knew when I got Married". It is simple lessons to make love last. So far it is really good and insightful! Wade and I have been married for over 10 years but this book is for anyone!!! Love it!!!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and yall be careful!!
Love, Melanie