Henry had a CT scan on Monday. We had to wait for surgery to look at the images. His surgeon came to talk with us this afternoon about the results. Basically, she said the same thing that all of our doctors have said from the beginning. We really won't know much until they operate and remove the tumor and we see what we're left with. The tumor is large and right now it has distended the heart to the point that it has effected the left lung as well and is completely taking up the right lung cavity. We were told today that Henry would not be making any more improvements until the tumor was removed. Also, the longer we leave the tube from the ventilator in his trachea, the more at risk he becomes for infection, pneumonia, and possible lung damage. So, the surgeons have decided that we need to have surgery sooner rather than later. We are thinking it could possibly be in just a few short weeks. I will update the blog the minute I find out the date.
Harper is doing remarkably well. Because of the distention in her belly, they did a barium enema on her yesterday. Surgery said they could not see anything to be causing her problems. So, they are going to start her again on feedings. We are praying that the third time is the charm. She has put on a few grams, and her little personality is starting to show again. She had me very worried this past weekend. Our little spitfire was just not herself. If the issues come back after this feeding, the surgeons have ordered an upper GI. We are praying this doesn't have to happen.
Once again, Mark and I are so very grateful for your prayers and constant outpour of love for our sweet babies. I have decided to just carry kleenex with me at all times, because I am constantly being reminded of God's love and mercy through each and every letter, email, facebook message, text, or voicemail I receive. We are humbled and blessed.
B.J. and Mark
Our First Family Photo
Harper Girl Sound Asleep
snug as a bug in a rug
No pictures, please!!!
Henry, waking up from a nice, long nap