Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Checking in...

I am really slacking these days updating this blog.  I'm going to blame it on being incredibly busy and when I do have the time, I'm just too tired.  Thank you all for the sweet comments about HandH!  I am just crazy in love with these babies, so it makes me so proud that others think they're cute, too!  In my last post I mentioned that HandH weren't on the same schedule.  I have had several sweet people email me tips on how to get babies on a schedule.  The reason they are not on the same schedule is because Henry has to eat every 3 hours around the clock.  This is due to his lungs, reflux, the fact that he aspirates, and he has to be given medicine every 6 hours.  These issues prevent us from giving him a lot of formula at once.  Because of this it prevents us from trying to stretch out his feedings so that he can learn to sleep through the night!  The doctors don't want Henry to have too much fluid intake because of his lungs, therefore, we have to give smaller increments every 3 hours.  So, we basically sleep for an hour and a half before we're up to feed a baby!  Makes for a fun night!   Harper girl, however, is just a little rock star, as usual.  During the day she eats every 3 hours, and then we give her a bottle at 8:30 pm and she sleeps until 4 am!  I'll take that!  We went to Dr. Fowler today and Henry weighed 10 pounds 5 ounces, and Harper girl weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces.  So clearly, they're getting enough food.  They already take after their mom in that regard! :)  We are so fortunate that my mom comes on Tuesday and Thursday nights to give us a little break.  I am indebted to her for LIFE!!  Mark and I just thought we could make it on our own.  We made it exactly 5 days before we called my mom begging her to come let us sleep.  This past week I was so lucky to have Mark's mom here as well.  Henry and Harper had so much fun with their grandmothers while this lucky mom got to catch up on sleep!!

I hope I have not made life with these two angels sound horrible.  We are having the time of our lives.  Yes, I'm sleep deprived.  Yes, it would be nice to get out of the house from time to time, but I wouldn't trade what we have for all the sleep and fun outings in the world.  I only wish we could take them out and show them off!  The not being able to go to church, or out to eat with girlfriends with H&H has been hard. I'm really going to miss that this year.  My parents have graciously offered to watch the twins on Wednesday nights so Mark and I can at least go to bible study and see some friends.  That's a start!  I know soon enough we'll be back on Sundays, and H&H will be making all kinds of noise on our pew!  I'm looking forward to that day and dreading it all at the same time.  They grow up way too fast!  Just the other day I cried for 10 minutes when Henry no longer fit into size "newborn" diapers.  I know I'll miss this stage so much, so I'm trying to just take each day and enjoy it!

Henry and Harper both have follow up visits this Wednesday in Memphis.  We take Henry back to Le Bonheur for a pulmonology visit.  We are very anxious to hear how his lungs have progressed.  We take Harper to the pediatric opthamologist to have her vision checked.  I'm praying it has improved.  I'll be posting an update soon after!   We are so very grateful for the continued prayers for our babies.  Below are some pictures from the past week.  


Nonnie and Dzadzi (Polish for granddad, pronounced Judgie) came to visit!

Harper girl pouting!  So cute!

Henry and Dzadzi

Hanging out on her mat

Watching some sports I'm sure

Brother/Sister Love

Granddaddy and Henry

Family photo 

Sissy loving on Harper girl

Brandy came to our house to take pictures! 

Wearing "my sister rocks" t-shirt aunt Stef got him

Wearing "my brother rocks" t-shirt... too cute!

Sleeping with her hands up!  Someone asked me what these things are that we put on them when they sleep.  They are called "Frederick T. Frogs."  We got them in the NICU.  They are bean bag type positioners/support that's supposed to make babies feel more secure while they sleep.  I've looked everywhere to buy more, and I can't find them anywhere.  They are WONDERFUL!!  Harper can't sleep without them.

Sweet sassy girl in her tutu


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the gown with the tutu? It is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Dear B.J. and Mark,

I have just finished catching up on the Blog, and of course, I enjoyed Sara Beth's nice article in the Daily C. The babies are so precious, and I think Henry looks great in his Rebel attire!!!

I have gotten the babies' gifts ready, and I will drop them by Shirley's house tomorrow. Please know that much love comes with them, and that I continue to think of you and pray for all of you as you care for these little angels.

Special babies need special parents, and your little Henry and Harper certainly hit pay dirt with their parents.

Love,

Rosemary Fisher

Lauri Gagnon Horton said...

your babies are so very precious - i am so happy for you that they are finally home with you - i have some frederick t. frogs to sell - my babies were nicu babies and i have 2 frog - they are in like-new condition - i found your page by searching on-line for more information to post with them for their description and i came across your site - you can take a look at my items via facebook.com/aeio4u - i have tons of nicu items that i purchased for home use from respironics that are no longer sold to the general public - i can also be contacted by phone @ 214-684-4332

Lauri Gagnon Horton

Lauri Gagnon Horton said...

lol - i just noticed your babies are about 1 yo now - so sorry - excited for you to no longer need the frederick t. frogs - best wishes! Please share my site if you know of anyone that would be interested - thanks!