Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday musings

"Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."  Isaiah 40:28


So, it's Monday, and on to week 2 of the scripture memory challenge.  This week's scripture is so comforting to me.  Just to know that whenever we get tired or weak, whatever our struggle or hardship might be, God's strength is immeasurable. 

We had a super lazy weekend.  Friday night, after the kids went to bed, Mark and I had a picnic in our living room and had a movie marathon.  We made it through a movie and a half before I fell asleep.  We are a wild and exciting couple to say the least.  Last night, I was so excited about the premiere of one of my favorite shows...


If you watch this show at all, then you know how instantly you get sucked in and start really caring about the contestants.  This season they are tackling childhood obesity, and even have teenagers participating.  I'm already rooting for Biingo! (and no, that was not a typo, he spells it with 2 i's!)



So, I thought I should clarify what I meant in my last post about continuing to eat healthy.  I had someone ask me what kind of diet I was on based on what I said.  I don't really consider myself on a diet per se.   I consider the way I've started cooking and eating more of a lifestyle change.  Let me just add right now that I am certainly no expert when it comes to eating healthy.  Far from it, actually, but I try.   My sister is the one who actually transformed the way our entire family started eating.  If I'm being completely transparent, I originally started cutting out processed food for the sole purpose to lose weight.  Slowly, I've realized that the point of food is to fuel and heal our bodies, and I have gone from "wanting to lose weight," to "wanting to be healthy and live for my family."  I have found this website to be very helpful as well.  I love all of her ideas and recipes.   I would love to say that I eat the way this girl does every day, but I'm not quite as extreme.  It's super hard to eat strictly organic living in a small town that's about 90 miles from the nearest Whole Foods, but I try.  I've made little changes here and there.  For instance, this recipe is one that I'm DYING to try!  I'm not sure I would consider it super healthy, I would probably use dark chocolate and honey,  but let me just say, six months ago, I would not have considered making it, period!  I'm going to try and post recipes as I try them in case anyone else wants to try them, too!  

And, just because I love posting pictures of my babies, here are some from the weekend.  Hope everyone has a great week. 

 Harper LOVES her chair

 Henry and his lion

 Telling me, "I'm ONE!"

 Can't you just see this face when she's a teenager!  That's going to be fun!

We love strawberry smoothies, and Harper decided to dump hers out on the way home.  Not my proudest, or smartest, mommy moment!

No comments: