We want to give you all an update on Henry and Harper. First of all, we can’t even begin to thank you all for your sweet phone calls, emails, text messages, but most of all your prayers. We have definitely felt them all week, especially today. Mark and I are completely humbled by the outpour of love and support all of you have given us.
Today, we met with the neonatologist and high risk OB specialist at LaBonheur. Mark and I were very impressed with both doctors and feel completely at ease with the care that Henry and Harper will receive there. After a two hour ultrasound, the doctors concluded that it would be best to go ahead and admit me to the The Med so that they can monitor the babies until they are born. The mass in Henry’s chest remains the same. Like we said before, this is not the best scenario, but it certainly isn’t the worst. We are praising God for allowing it to just stay the same and not be getting any bigger. In fact, the doctors today even feel like he may be able to wait a few months before having to have surgery. Now, this is depending on him being able to be stabilized at birth and not be in any respiratory distress.
The bigger issue now, it seems, is with Harper. She is still not growing. The doctors basically said that she could go into cardiac failure at any moment, and that this is the reason they would like for me to be admitted. It’s not that there is anything wrong with her heart, her heartbeat is strong, just irregular, due to the restricted blood flow through the umbilical cord. They have prepared us for the possibility of the babies being born at any moment. We are just praying that they can hang on without any complications until I am 28 weeks. Right now I am 27 weeks. We would love to make it even farther along than that, but we are preparing ourselves for sooner rather than later.
We are just taking this one day at a time. We feel like every week is a small victory. We don’t have a whole lot of answers right now. At this moment, we are just praying to make it to 28 weeks. If we make it to 28 weeks, then we’ll be praying to make it to 29. We are emotionally exhausted and just feel so defeated right now. This is not the way either one of us envisioned having our babies, but we both know that God’s plans are far better than our own. Even if right now we don’t understand. This week, at times when I have felt myself get angry and upset, I have received his word through a friend via text message or email. It is amazing what God has already done in our lives just this past week. Mark and I both know He is totally in control and we are continuing to rest in His promises. We want His will to be done. Please continue to pray for our babies. Also, please keep Mark and my mother in your prayers as they both will be traveling back and forth to Memphis to stay with me. I am so scared of being by myself, and something happening. Poor Mark is so torn up about not being able to be there everyday, but he has to continue to work.
We will try and post all updates on this blog so that we can let everyone that is praying for us know what to pray for. Once again, thank you so much for your prayers.