Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Joy to the World



"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."   Isaiah 9:6


The past two days have been perfect.  Not because of the gifts or the food, but because I got to spend this holiday with the three people I love more than life.  Just seven months ago I wasn't sure that I would get to spend a Christmas with Harper and Henry.  God has blessed us so!  We didn't take a whole lot of pictures this year.  Mark and I were having too much fun experiencing Christmas with children.


 Just hanging out on Christmas Eve morning

They were holding hands at one point.  As soon as I pulled the camera out they stopped.  Isn't that how it always goes?



Growing up, I always had new pajamas on my bed on Christmas Eve night.  I thought I would continue the tradition at our house.

Grandmommy and Granddaddy stopped by on Christmas Eve and let H&H open one gift.  I think they felt bad that we were missing out on our candlelight service at church and our family dinner.  We missed everyone so much, but it was really nice just spending their first Christmas as a family of 4.

Henry really loved all the paper

Getting ready for bed.  Mark read "The Night Before Christmas."  Henry really liked the pictures, and Harper was being a total "momma's girl" and was just happy sitting in my lap.

Sweet girl wanted to be held all night.  She didn't make a noise, she just wanted to be held.  I think she sensed she might miss out on the action.  So, I held her right up until bedtime.  Even during dinner.  Precious times!


 We left cookies and milk for Santa.

And this is what we found Christmas morning.  Funny, Santa's handwriting looks a lot like Mark's!


Harper LOVED her toys.  She didn't know which one to reach for first.  She finally settled on the bouncy seat.  No smile in this picture, but rest assured, she was all smiles all day.

 Henry loved his bouncy seat too!
After we finished opening gifts, my parents came over for brunch.  My sister and Uncle Nate got to come, too!  My sister hasn't been able to come visit because she teaches and the flu has been going around her school.  Since she's out for Christmas break, she was able to come!  Harper and Henry were so excited to play with their Sissy!!

Just playing with her new toys.  Big girl is sitting up all the time now.  Not on her own, we have to sit her up, but once she's up, she stays that way for a while.  We celebrate the small things in this house!

This little boy has come so far.  

Merry Christmas!  




  




No comments: