Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Update on H and H

I realized tonight that I have updated the blog with pictures, but I haven't done a great job updating about the babies' progress. They are 10 weeks old today! It seems hard to believe!

Harper girl officially weighs 6 lbs 4 oz!!! She has tripled her birth weight! She's such a big girl now. I no longer feel like I'm going to break her when I'm holding her.

We had a little scare this past Saturday, but luckily our pediatrician was in town and was able to check her! Have I mentioned how much I love Dr. Fowler? Everything is fine now! She just has some tummy issues! She is just the cutest little thing and she's already a daddy's girl, too! Mark and I are just nuts about her. He and I still have moments where we look at each other and say, "WE'RE PARENTS!!"




Watching t.v. with daddy


Twins


Henry is officially 8 lbs!! This makes me so happy, and yet so sad. I feel like my baby is growing up in a hospital instead of his home. It's getting harder and harder to leave him. He's so much more alert these days, and he's even started cooing! He has the sweetest little face. I can already tell that he is going to be so kind and sweet spirited. We love him so much! This past week we said goodbye to his doctor, Doctor Ferguson. He is on a two week vacation. We are going to miss him so much! He was such a sweet doctor. Henry and I just loved him. Luckily, we will have Dr. Joi these next two weeks, and we adore her. She and her husband mean the world to our family! Her husband is the doctor who delivered Henry and Harper. Mark and I think it would be really special if she were the one to discharge Henry from LeBonheur. However, I'm not getting my hopes up of him coming home just yet. We were hoping to have him home by July 15th, but then he had such a bad reaction to the vaccinations that coming home was not a possibility. The hurdle we are facing now is that his CO2 levels are too high. They will not let him come home until they can get his blood gases lowered. To look at him, he looks like the picture of health, but his little lungs are so very weak. He might be bigger than Harper, but he is much more fragile. We continue to pray that his lungs will heal, and grow. We pray that they can BOTH stay infection free this next year.




Saying goodbye to Dr. Ferguson




Sweet Henry


His little shirt says it best! He is indeed "wonderfully made!"

Mark and I continue to be overwhelmed with love and prayer from our family and sweet friends. We love you and are so very grateful. We humbly ask that you please continue praying for our babies.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: