Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

9 Months








 I promise Harper has more than this pair of pajamas.  It's just, they're my favorite! :)


 Just hanging out with daddy.




Henry and Harper turned 9 months old this past Saturday.  It is amazing how fast their first year is going.  I think I might say that every time I post, but it's the truth.  Even though they are technically 9 months old, their "corrected" age is 7 months.  I've had several people ask me what "corrected" age means.  Corrected age just means the age in which they were supposed to be born.  Even though technically they were born in May, they weren't supposed to arrive until July, so they still had lots of developing in utero that they missed out on.  Since they were premature, we go by their "corrected" age when it comes to reaching milestones.  I hope I'm making sense.  Anyway, we will stop going by their "corrected" age when they hit 2 years old.  Our doctors have told us that most premies catch up to their actual age by the time they reach 2 years.  We still count May 11th as their official birthday.  I've had people ask me that as well.

We went to Dr. Fowler today for our 9 month check-up and to get their RSV vaccine.  She said they are doing great.  They are actually right on target for their actual age as far as their growth is concerned.  We were all happy to hear that.  They checked Henry's O2 SATs and it was perfect.  I still cry every time they have to get a shot.  It just breaks my heart.


Harper, sweet girl, you are just growing and changing on a daily basis.  Just in the past few weeks you've started saying "mama!"  I'm not sure if you realize that I am "mama" or if you're just mocking what I say, but I really don't care.  It's the sweetest thing I think I've ever heard.  You now have your two front bottom teeth.   You weigh 18 pounds 4 ounces and you are 28 and 1/4 inches long.  You love your food and you really like puffs.  You like watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (don't judge) and you hate having socks on your feet.  Your favorite doll is "Baby Doll."  You will clap your hands and scream when I give her to you.  You give her kisses and then chew on her head.  We can't decide if you are a daddy's girl or a mama's girl.  You are so, so, so close to crawling.  I've already started baby proofing the house because I know it's going to happen any day now.  But, if it doesn't, I'm not worried.  I know you will in your own time.  Your mommy has quit letting books, and people, freak her out.  God made you so special.  You are going to do great things with your life, I just know it!  I love you with all my heart.


Henry, sweet bear, you get funnier and cuter every time I look at you.  You are such a flirt, and you are definitely a mama's boy, although, you are crazy about your daddy, too.  You aren't saying any words just yet, but you love to "roar" and squeal.  You are all boy right down to your stinky feet, and I love you for it.  You have one of your front bottom teeth and you are working on your second.  The only way I can get you to take your bottles is if Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on.  So, I'm thinking we'll be making a few trips to Disney World when you're older.  You weigh 18 pounds 5 ounces and you are 28 and 3/4 inches long.  You outweigh your sister by one little ounce.  You don't care a thing about crawling, but I know you will crawl one day.  You, my dear, are going to be mommy's picky eater.  As much as your daddy and I love food, I'm not really sure how we'll manage, but I'm hoping and praying you'll come around to liking food one day.  Whenever anyone meets you (mainly doctors, nurses, or PT's) they comment on how alert and "inquisitive" you are.  Daddy and I know you're just taking everything in.  God made you special, too!  I can't wait to see what great things you will do with your life.  I love you more than you will ever know.





 Getting ready to go see Dr. Fowler
 We are currently under a winter weather advisory here in North Mississippi.


1 comment:

Kim said...

We have the same pajamas for Bristol and I love them too! The pics of them both bundled up in their hoodies are so cute!