Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Walking by Faith

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."  2 Corinthians 5:7


Today was a very exciting day for our little family.  Today, Harper and Henry started day school at our church.  Now, I realize this may not seem like an important milestone to some, but for us, this was HUGE!  This time last year, if someone had told me that the twins would be starting Mother's Day Out today, I would have laughed in their face.  A year ago, we were in a very different place than we are today.  The fact that we were able to take our babies to school today just shows how awesome and mighty our God is!  He continues to bless our family.  

Now, do not think for a second that this was an easy decision for us.  After the last 15 months we've had, we are extremely cautious and protective of these babies.  This decision came about after lots of prayer, lots of assurance from our doctors, and the fact that we know the day school director and teachers.  These ladies are precious, and truly love the children they keep.  Knowing this, made our decision an easier one for sure.  Still, today as we were dropping our babies off, it was bittersweet.  Henry went straight in and started entertaining the teachers, but sweet Harper girl cried her little heart out.  Mark and I left the room, but we stayed close in the hall until we heard her stop crying.  When we left she was having fun.  Mark was sweet and blocked off part of his morning schedule so he and I could  have coffee together.  If you happened to be in KC's Espresso this morning, yes, that was me crying at the front table.  Not ashamed!  I won't lie, I drove by the church several times, and I arrived 10 minutes early to pick them up.  However, I managed to fill my day with errands and I think it was a good day for us all.


 Breakfast before "school"









  

No comments: