Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

10 months

 Sweet babies

 Harper's fake laugh



Harper and Henry were 10 months old on Sunday!  So hard to believe!  That means that their corrected age is now 8 months old.  My parents left for Europe this morning, so I have promised to update this blog every day so they can see the babies.  I apologize in advance if the updates become obnoxious.

Harper,
You are such a sweet girl these days.  You still aren't crawling, but you are getting up on all fours and reaching out for things.  You have your two front bottom teeth and your upper top teeth are trying their best to make their debut.  We took all the padding and blankets out of your crib, and you look like such a big girl in your bed now.  You tried steamed broccoli for the first time and it made you gag!  Other than this, you still LOVE your food.  You have learned to fake cry and fake laugh.  It is so cute.  Daddy and I talk all the time about how hard it's going to be on us to ever get on to you.  You are just so funny.  You FINALLY said, "dada," but I have yet to get it on camera.  You talk ALL THE TIME!  I think it bugs you that Henry won't talk back to you.  You still wake up about 2-3 times a night.  I think you just want to make sure that mommy and daddy are still close by.  We love you so much!  I thank God for you every day, sweet girl!

Henry,
You have had a rough month!  You now have a total of 4 teeth, and you are working on two more.  Mommy didn't even know you were teething on top until one day you leaned back and that's when I saw them.  You are just so sweet.  We took your wedge out of your crib and you look like such a big boy now. You sleep all night long.  Some times when Harper is crying and I have to come in your room, you will by lying there awake, but you don't make a sound.  You are such a good baby, and tough as nails.  I know these teeth have been killing you, but you haven't complained at all.  You are still a picky eater.  You love green beans and mac and cheese, and that's about it.  You can say, "mama," but you only say it when you are mad and screaming.  You get mad if I try to wash your face or change your clothes.  I think you enjoy being a stinky boy.  You are not crawling, but we have noticed that if you want something, you roll and scoot until you get it.  Your physical therapist said you may be a teeny bit behind on gross motor skills, but you are miles ahead when it comes to cognitive development.  You are one smart cookie young man!  I love you so very much, and I thank God for you, too!  I can't imagine my life without you or Harper.

1 comment:

Lesley Honer said...

I had to laugh when you said Henry gets so mad if you try to wash his face or change his clothes. Sounds just like Lincoln. It would take Scot and I both just to wipe his face after mealtime because he would scream and fight it. And changing clothes was always a wrestling match! :)
Your babies are precious!