Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Baptism Pictures





"...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…"  Hebrews 12:1-2


On Mother's Day, Harper and Henry were baptized.  We were so blessed to have so many of our family and friends present to witness something that was so very special to our family.  Mark and I do not believe for one-second that baptizing Harper and Henry means that they are saved.  No, I'm afraid that is one thing that neither Mark nor I can do for them.  I believe being saved is a personal decision to follow Christ.  Personal, meaning, they will have to come to that decision on their own one day.  What I do believe, is that a baptism of a child signifies that we, the parents, acknowledge God's love and mercy over them, and claim His promises over their little lives.  It's a way of us saying that God loves them even more than we can possibly love them, and that we acknowledge that He has a great plan for each of their lives.  It's also an opportunity for Mark and me to publicly acknowledge that we will set forth an example of what it means to follow Christ.  For us, following Christ does not mean we are perfect and without sin.  No, for us, it means that we are imperfect and full of sin, but that we have been forgiven.  We were blessed to finally share this special time with our family and friends.  


Beautiful flowers in the sanctuary

 Hanging out in Mr. Don's office with Liz, Rebekah, and Emma

 Sweet Henry and his paci.  It might have looked tacky, but I wasn't about to take his paci away!





 As you can see, Harper kicked her shoe off.  Typical Harper girl.

 Harper looking at Mr. Don like, " You're really gonna put water on my head?  You're brave!"

Mark's family 

 Our little family 

We had everything set up in the back yard, but at 7 a.m., due to rain, we moved everything inside. 

My parents

 The beautiful baptism cake my sister made.


No comments: