Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed; miracles that cannot be counted."  Job 5:9

Today is the 11th day of the 11th month of the 11th year of the 21st century.  Besides having the same numbers for the day, month, and year, and the fact that it is also Veteran's day,  this day is very special to my family for a very different reason.  Today, Harper and Henry are 6 months old!!!  Happy half birthday to my sweet babies.  I am so THANKFUL for the 184 days that these precious angels have been in this world.  Sometimes, when I'm tired, or I'm frustrated because one or both won't sleep, I go and look at pictures from the day they were born, and immediately, everything comes into perspective.  Despite how "hard" I think my days can be, when I look back at how Henry and Harper's little lives began, the "hard" days don't seem so bad.  Actually, they don't seem bad at all.   Every day is a blessing, a gift from God.  A few weeks after they were born,  a NICU nurse told me that one day, what we were going through would seem like a dream, a distant memory.  I thought she was crazy for telling me this, but you know, she was right.  Henry has now been HOME for 3 months, and those horribly scary NICU days really do seem like a distant memory.  I have begun to breath a little easier; sleep a little better.  I am so thankful that Mark and our doctor took lots of pictures during that time.  Mark took pictures every day that they were there, because we never want to forget what we went through, and how God blessed us through that struggle.  God changed my heart and my life the day Henry and Harper were born.  Their little lives have given mine purpose.  So, tonight, we are going to celebrate the fact that these precious babies are half a year old. 

"You think that true love is the only thing that crush your heart. The thing that will take your life and light it up. Or destroy it. Then, you become a mother."   Meredith Gray, Gray's Anatomy


I never dreamed that this little chicken nugget...


 who was so tiny when she was born...

would be my little owl on Halloween.



I never thought that this little bear...

who fought so hard to live...


would ever be playing and smiling in a bouncy seat.


These faces light up my life.



   

1 comment:

Leigh said...

They are so adorable!!! What a blessing it is to have them, but what a blessing it is for them to have you two for parents.