Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 25

Today I am thankful for...

- my good health.  So many people take it for granted.  I know I do sometimes.

- my lunch date with a sweet college friend.

-a clean kitchen.

- technology.  It is so nice to be able to stay connected with friends and family, especially since we aren't seeing many of either these days.

- being able to avoid Black Friday.

-the weight watchers app I just added on my phone!  (Even though I don't believe in dieting during the holidays!)  If anyone has any great WW recipes I would LOVE to have them!


Also, I wanted to include a picture of our 2nd Thanksgiving meal.  I said earlier in the week that I was going to do a traditional dinner, and then a non-traditional dinner.  Tonight I made fig glazed cornish hens with sausage and fig cornbread dressing, sautéed green beans with caramelized shallots, and potato and leek gratin with gruyere cheese.  About 3 years ago my sister and I watched a food network special where Tyler Florence made this meal.  I've been talking about it ever since.  I finally decided to give it a try, and I HIGHLY recommend it!  I tried to link the recipes to this post.  Hope it works.  The babies are finally down for the night, so Mark and I are about to watch a movie.  Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so impressed with your cooking skills!

Anonymous said...

www.skinnytaste.com has the most wonderful weight watchers recipes!! I've tried a lot of them and haven't been disappointed in any.
Lesley Honer :)